Getting outcomes for TAFE teachers
We are a group of 50,000 teachers and educators working in Victorian public education. We stand together to win better pay and conditions and support one another in the workplace. We care about the future of public TAFEs, and campaign to make the system stronger.
The AEU has a long and proud history of representing Victorian TAFE teachers in standalone TAFEs and in dual sector universities. Join us to improve your pay, job security, workload, and professional recognition.
Benefits of being an AEU member:
- Only members get a direct say in your workplace agreement, the rules which govern your pay and conditions.
- If you have any problems at work, we’ll go in to bat for you with your manager or employer.
- Members get access to free, comprehensive legal support and representation.
- Our Member Support Centre can answer questions about your agreement, health and safety, disciplinary issues, bullying, leave entitlements, casual work and more.
- We run a range of conferences and professional development sessions to increase your knowledge and help you build power in your workplace.
A better deal for members in standalone TAFES
Right now, TAFE teachers are stuck on an outdated workplace agreement that limits your ability to take action to get the improvements you deserve. And it seems that TAFE employers want to keep it that way.
But, thanks to new workplace laws, we have the power to change this. With the majority of TAFE teachers' support, the AEU can apply to the Fair Work Commission for a “Single Interest Employer Authorisation” which would allow TAFE teachers to bargain collectively with their employers.
It's vital that all teachers in standalone TAFEs support the campaign.
Resources for current AEU TAFE members
(Please note that you will need to log in with your member profile to access these pages.)
DUAL SECTOR AGREEMENTS AND IMPLEMENTATION GUIDES