You deserve the very best conditions at work – and pay that reflects your professionalism and experience.
With more than 50,000 members in Victoria, the AEU is the only union with the strength in numbers to negotiate optimal outcomes for educators working in government schools, TAFEs, early childhood, disability and adult education settings.
Together, we have achieved real improvements in the working lives of members, from equal pay and annual leave to superannuation, paid maternity leave and the defeat of performance pay.
In recent agreements, we gained:
- School teachers – pay increase of 13.7% and four additional professional practice days
- Education Support – provision for thousands to be translated to ongoing and a pay increase of 13.7%
- Principals – rise in the minimum salary level and a pay increase of 17.1%
- Early childhood teachers – 3% annual wage rise and pay parity with school teachers
- TAFE teachers – single state-wide agreement, $2,000 sign-on bonus and protection of workload
Learn more about your pay and conditions
Your enterprise agreement lays out the terms and conditions of your work, including your wage, leave, workload and dispute resolution processes.
With every new enterprise agerement, AEU members are invited to take part in developing a 'log of claims' submitted to the employer prior to negotiations.
We’ve have handy resources to help you learn more about your agreement, including implementation guides, advice sheets and pay scales. To access these, please log in.
Though an overwhelming number of AEU members are covered by enterprise agreements, some are covered by modern awards and the National Employment Standards (NES).
Awards and the NES work together to form a safety net of minimum terms and conditions for everyone working in Australia.
You can find more information about whether you are covered by an enterprise agreement or an award after you log in. Our Member Support Centre can also help you find out which enterprise agreement or award applies to you.