Need advice or support? Call us
We are standing by to answer questions about your agreement, health and safety, disciplinary issues and complaints, leave entitlements, contract and casual work, superannuation and retirement, and much more. Find out more about our Member Support Centre.
We’re here to help when disaster strikes. If you’ve been affected by flood or fire, please read about our disaster relief and welfare fund to see if you’re eligible for emergency financial assistance.
Let us represent you
- Professionally: if you have any problems at work, we’ll go in to bat for you with your management or employer.
- Legally: we provide free, comprehensive legal support and representation.
- Industrially: we have a strong track record of improving pay and conditions for educators.
- Politically: we win over politicians, policy makers and voters to support public education with our powerful state and federal campaigns like I Give a Gonski and Protect Our Preschools.
Hone your skills
You’re good at what you do, and we know you’re passionate about becoming the best educator you can be. That’s why we offer our members a slate of exciting training and events.
Whether you want to learn to stand up for your rights at work, prepare for a leadership position, connect with other educators or become more active in the union, we’ve got what you’re looking for.
We’ll keep you up-to-date
You’ll always be ahead of the times with our member communications:
- AEU News: receive four issues of our magazine per year, packed with news and features.
- Newsletters: find out the latest relevant news affecting you.
- E-news bulletin: a monthly update of our latest campaign actions.
- Professional Voice: our tri-annual journal, stimulating debate around education issues, curriculum and pedagogy.
Everyone likes to save money, and our membership partners are happy to help. Join the AEU to access:
- AEU-endorsed superannuation and retirement services.
- Customer-owned banking and finance.
- Low-cost health cover and free employee counselling service.
- Shopping discounts, deals on insurance and low-cost loans with Union Shopper.
Want even more reasons to join? Hear from your colleagues about the difference membership has made to their lives.