This three-day program will inspire school leaders and teachers to refine their approach to teaching and assist them with the Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO).
This program will assist you with the FISO by asking answering these questions:
- What works in education?
- How do we know?
- How can educational research find its way into the classroom?
This all-new McREL program draws from years of research, practice and results to re-analyse and re-evaluate nine instructional strategies:
- Setting objectives and providing feedback.
- Reinforcing effort and providing recognition.
- Cooperative learning.
- Cues, questions and advance organisers.
- Non-linguistic representations.
- Summarising and note taking.
- Assigning homework and providing practice.
- Identifying similarities and differences.
- Generating and test hypotheses.
Leonie Dodd is an education consultant and facilitator who specialises in leadership and school improvement. Leonie is accredited to deliver the McREL International Classroom Instruction that Works program.
Chris Egan is a highly regarded educational consultant who has spent the last five years providing on-site, job embedded professional development for teachers, principals and literacy coaches in the SWV & NWV regions. Chris is accredited to deliver the McREL International Classroom Instruction that Works program.
- Friday, October 13
- Friday, November 10
- Friday, November 24
Morning tea and lunch provided.