This is an interactive workshop for aspirant or current Student Managers/Year Level Co-ordinators. It aims to develop your skills and knowledge in role clarity, problem ownership, assertiveness, time management and student management.
Skills & strategies covered in this workshop:
- Clarify the important role of a student manager/YLC
- Consider the principles of partnership in building relationships
- Understand what drives student and staff behaviours of concern
- Explore effective interventions to reduce difficulties and address learning needs, supporting both staff & students
- Develop a solution-based approach
- Implement effective strategies for change
Facilitator: Karen Dymke brings a unique range of experience, skill and wisdom as a teacher/educator, presenter, senior leader and project manager. Contemporary, research based and applied learning are Karen's areas of expertise. She also has a passion for literacy and disadvantaged learners.
Morning tea & lunch will be provided.
Please email [email protected] if you have any difficulty registering.