The Australian Education Union represents and advocates for teachers, principals and education support staff working in public education in schools, early childhood, TAFE and adult education.
If you have a passion for public education, social justice and the union movement, then consider a career with the AEU. The AEU currently has one vacancy.
Professional Learning Officer, AEU Leadership Centre
Fixed term January 2021 – December 2023
A three year full time fixed term vacancy exists for a Professional Learning Officer to run the AEU Leadership Centre. The successful applicant will be based in our Melbourne office and begin work late January 2021. The position will conclude in December 2023.
The AEU Leadership Centre is a project funded jointly by the Department of Education and Training and AEU Educational Services Inc. The Professional Learning Officer will develop and manage a range of programs designed to enhance the leadership capacity of people who are aspirant, new and substantive leaders within the education sector.
Remuneration: The full time annual salary for this position is in the range of $117,286 to $129,470, depending on skills and experience, plus 16.5% super.
Enquiries: Questions about this vacancy can be directed to John Graham, on 0417 025 705. Download the position description here.
Applications: Send to Jenny Evans, HR and Organisational Development Manager, AEU Victorian Branch, by email to [email protected] by 12 midday on Tuesday 8 December, 2020.
Applications will not be considered unless they address the following selection criteria:
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A commitment to public education and the principles of the employing organisation.
- Recent Principal Class leadership experience.
- A demonstrated ability to lead, plan, organise and deliver high quality face to face and online professional development leadership programs.
- A demonstrated capacity to strategically build leadership capabilities for education staff.
- Advanced communication skills including the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Advanced administrative skills including experience in managing a projects including submission writing, reporting, evaluation and budgets.