The Australian Education Union represents and advocates for teachers, principals and education support staff working in public education in schools, early childhood, TAFE and adult education.
As the Victorian branch of the AEU, we are proud to represent around 50,000 members. Nationally, the AEU is 185,000 strong. If you have a passion for public education, social justice and the union movement, then consider a career with the AEU.
There are currently eight vacancies.
AEU Project Officers – Recruitment
The AEU has eight fixed term positions available for project officers in its Melbourne office to work in either Semester 1 or 2 in 2018.
The project officers work as a team within the Recruitment Training and Campaigning unit to recruit new members to the AEU. The project officers will identify targets for recruitment, develop recruitment strategies and recruit new AEU members. Intensive and high quality training will be provided. You will return to your school role at the end of this six months experience with:
- new and improved skills,
- a greater understanding of how the union operates, and
- a renewed enthusiasm for your active role in the AEU and an ability to translate what you have learned to your work in your sub branch.
Remuneration: The full time annual salary for this position is currently $106,299.
Enquiries: Click here for the position description and here for the expression of interest form. Questions about this vacancy can be directed to Jenny Evans, HR and Organisational Development Manager, or Adam Surmacz, Organiser on 03 9417 2822.
Expressions of interest: Send the completed form with a 1 – 2 page statement addressing the selection criteria to Jenny Evans, HR and Organisational Development Manager, AEU Victorian Branch, by email to [email protected] by 12 midday, Tuesday 5 September 2017.
Please note: Successful applicants will need to get leave approved by their school leadership
All expressions of interest must be on the form and include a short statement addressing the following selection criteria.
- Demonstrated active commitment to unionism and the AEU.
- Skills and experience in recruiting potential members.
- An understanding of the importance of union growth and a passion and enthusiasm for recruiting potential members to the union.
- High level verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to show initiative and demonstrate high level organisational skills including being able to work to deadlines, prioritise work, and manage multiple matters concurrently.
- An understanding of and commitment to public education.
- Current Victorian drivers licence.