Elimination of sexism committee
The AEU women's program is guided and supported by the Elimination of Sexism Committee, a committee of women members founded in 1976 which works to get the best conditions in Australia for women educators. All AEU women are invited to participate.
The committee has a proud history of member involvement in guiding the work of the union in the area of women and girls in education. Education unions have traditionally led the way for working women in Victoria and across Australia.
EOS committee business includes issues such as:
- Women and girls in education policy
- Flexible work options
- The "backlash" against women teachers
- Initiatives for girls in education
- Women in leadership and promotion
- Sexual harassment training.
In recognition of the workload facing education workers and the extra pressures on most women members, the EOS is now structured so that there are a number of ways for members to be involved.
- Dinner meetings around particular topics or issues
- Electronic input via emails from an EOS emailing list
- Surveys of women members seeking advice
- Input from women attending Women's Program PD and events.
If you would like to be added to the EOS email list or an email list to receive information about the AEU Women's Program PD or events, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her on (03) 9418 4860.
Please contact Barb Jennings or Rhonda Webley on (03) 9418 4860 or by email if you have any questions or suggestions.