Job vacancies at the AEU
This page contains news of job opportunities with the AEU Victorian branch. The AEU currently has two vacancies - one for a Manager of its Recruitment, Training and Campaigning (RTC) unit in its Melbourne Office; and one for a Property and Services Officer.
Manager Recruitment Training and Campaigning
The Australian Education Union represents members working in Public Education in Victoria.
The union has a position available for Manager of its Recruitment Training and Campaigning unit (RTC) in its Melbourne office.
The role of the RTC is to build AEU workplace strength by increasing membership levels and developing activism and involvement in the union. The Manager of the RTC is responsible for the effective operation of the RTC, including ensuring all members work effectively as a team. The Manager RTC has a major role in managing and coordinating the organising effort of the AEU in recruiting members, building workplace and other union structures, recruiting and developing union representatives and workplace leaders, and building the activism and involvement of members.
Remuneration: The full time annual salary for this position is $124,934 plus superannuation.
Enquiries: A position description is available here. Questions about this vacancy can be directed to Erin Aulich on (03) 9417 2822.
Applications: Send to Jenny Evans, HR and Organisational Development Manager, AEU Victorian Branch, by email to email@example.com by midday Wednesday, 7 December 2016.
All applications must include a statement addressing the following selection criteria.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a work unit including planning, monitoring, and resource management to ensure required organisational outcomes are met
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and analyse organising plans and to manage and prioritise work programs• Excellent understanding of organising theory, strategy and practice and application of the principles and techniques of organising
- Demonstrated extensive experience in organising workplaces, recruiting members, building sustainable union structures and identifying and developing union representatives and activists
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice, mentor, coach, and develop Team Leaders and organisers in undertaking RTC work
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to show initiative and demonstrate high level organisational skills including being able to work to deadlines, prioritise work, and manage multiple matters concurrently
- Knowledge of AEU Agreements and/or demonstrated understanding of other industrial agreements and relevant industrial and employment law
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Commitment to unionism
- An understanding of and commitment to public education
- Current Victorian drivers licence
Property and Services Officer
The AEU is seeking a Property Services Officer to assist the Branch and Deputy Branch Secretary with all matters related to AEU building and property services including fleet management, security, building contract and maintenance services and emergency and OH&S requirements.
The Branch works from a main building in Abbotsford but also has staff in 5 buildings across regional Victoria. The union also has tenants in two buildings. The building in Abbotsford has a busy Conference and Training Centre with a large number of events and visitors.
The role requires strong detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience in building operations, property and facilities maintenance and building legislation and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders and the ability to work autonomously and meet organisational needs, sometimes at short notice.
Remuneration: The annual salary for this position is in the range $80,917 - $85,837.
Enquiries: A position description is available here.
Applications: Submit your resume and covering letter in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting #33491. Phone Emma Adams on 03 8319 4090 for further information.
- A commitment to unionism and public education
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar/relevant role
- Strong detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience in building operations, property and facilities maintenance, and building legislation and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to use effective organisational skills, including ability to plan, coordinate and manage to complete competing priorities with set deadlines
- High level administrative skills including attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders e.g. contractors, suppliers, consultants, government agencies and departments and members of the community
- Ability to work autonomously, show initiative and be adaptable to meet the needs of the organisation, sometimes at short notice
- Demonstrated high level of customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively with leadership and other staff members
- Skills and experience in using Word and Excel
- Relevant qualifications such as property services, asset management, trade qualifications
- Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety or similar